Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary

A world in which the forest has fallen, and the fate of the warrior Clans is uncertain.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to Sanctuary! Read the site rules, then go post a creation! Thanks for checking us out!
Sanctuary is now open to the public! If you'd like to join our Discord, please check the sticky announcement!
Please feel free to invite your friends to Sanctuary and to advertise! The more the merrier!
Please never feel nervous to reach out to the coordinator team, or any member of Sanctuary! We aren't staff, but we make sure peace is kept, and if you have a question please just ask!
Disasters have struck the forest, and with heavy hearts the Clan cats, along with some loner friends, now must decide what the next step is. Olivestar's mate, Zinnia, has suggested they go to her homelands after recuperating, and it seems every cat agrees that is the best idea yet.
Please have a wonderful time here, roleplaying and making friends!
Discord Server
Latest topics
» flowers of the field [Arrival Topic]
Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 8:29 pm by Hitsjolly

» flight of feathers
Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by Hitsjolly

» from the ashes
Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:20 pm by Hitsjolly

» wishes
Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:13 pm by Holly

» restless spirits
Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:02 pm by Holly

» The Journey to the Garden + open topics!
Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:44 pm by Stormy

» Rosekit, the boy who just watches his sister's crap
Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm by Stormy

» Snowkit, the Regina George/ Heather Chandler kinnie
Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm by Stormy

» with every heartbeat i have left [c]
Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 1:19 pm by Stormy

Top posting users this week
No user

Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic

Go down 
+3
Holly
AirJordanz
Peridot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Peridot
Coordinator
Coordinator
Peridot

Characters : Olivestar | Redwolf | Cherryblossom | Bluepaw | Oleander | Cobalt | Wolf | Silver | Clover

Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic Empty
PostSubject: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 5:52 pm

With all the Clans and then some had gathered at the base of the peaks that sheltered the Moonstone, Olivestar took a moment to survey the crowd that had gathered. Her heart sank as she took note that all five of the Clans had suffered significant losses, and it looked like she was the only leader to make it there. It seemed that in the absence of leadership, the medicine cats had stepped up, nodding once to Mothglow, and in the absence of both, regular warriors had led what was left of their Clans to relative safety. Now that what was left of the Clans were here, along with loners, too fleeing the disasters, it was time to make a decision on what the future held and what to do next.

Taking notice of a small rocky outcropping, the only remaining leader jumped up onto it, a small pang of sadness gripping her once more as she realized that she'd never tread the oh-so familiar path up to the Tallrock, or jump up onto the Great Rock to address the Gathering again. Maybe, she wondered, that they'd find a new place, but she knew that it wouldn't quite be the same as the home they were leaving behind. Shaking her head to dispel that rain of thought, she called out to gather everyone.

"Clans, and those wishing to seek asylum with us! We need to talk about our next steps. It's hard to admit, but our homes are shattered, burning or drowned, and we must seek a new one in the far reaches of this land. Any ideas as to what we do or where to go from here are greatly appreciated. As for the loners that would like to seek asylum with us, your ideas are just as welcomed."

With that, she waited for the other cats to gather, and to hear their ideas regarding what to do next.

Now that Amberkit and what was left of ShadowClan was relatively safe, Redwolf paid attention to her surroundings, and more importantly, the other cats in it. She resisted her typical irritation at being around OtherClanners, as she knew that now wasn't the time for normal Clan rivalries. With the only remaining leader commanding the attention of the other cats, she listened, as Olivestar asked for ideas and input as to what to do next. Personally, the red she-cat thought that the Clans should head in the direction that put the setting sun to their left, and head away from the territories with ShadowClan being the closest territory to them. Either that, or walk towards the setting sun, which would shine in everyone's eyes...

The call of Olivestar broke Cherryblossom from her catch-up with Stormpaw, and she turned to watch as the soft gray tabby called for input on the Clans' next move. The little tan tabby, however, didn't have any great ideas at the moment, as she was still recovering from everything that had just happened.

The cavalcade of experiences that Bluepaw had just been through was too much for the large apprentice to handle, and the fluffy blue she-cat just curled up and waited for the warriors and remaining high ranking cats to make a decision.

As Olivestar jumped up on the rocky outcropping with grace, Oleander watched as she did so, and with a small smile, padded up to the leader, as a loner seeking asylum.
"Dearest Olivestar, I know a little bit about the area beyond your territories, and I'd be glad to help out with navigation where I have the knowledge."

Last edited by Peridot on Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AirJordanz
Alpha supporter/beta tester
AirJordanz

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 4:41 pm

Snailbelly missed his home by the river. For generations, it had taken care of and provided for RiverClan. Now it claimed the lives of innocent cats. Kits and elders, warriors and apprentices... no one was safe from its monstrous appetite. Which was why RiverClan was here so far from their rightful home. The place they'd loved for so long no longer loved them back. The remainder of them had walked all the way to the Moonstone's resting place, guided only by those of them that had the authority to do so. Snailbelly, personally, had stepped up to see his Clan to the great beyond. He didn't consider himself any better than the leader they'd had prior, but there were also few very options left.

His head raised to hear the cry of Olivestar from tending to the youngest of RiverClan to survive. Having seen small bodies eaten by hungry floodwater, he felt that keeping the living warm was an obligation. Some of their siblings would never become warriors due to the disaster. Still, turning to listen to the WindClan leader, he heard what she said and nearly frowned. She was right, in a terrible way. Their homes would never be the same-- or even viable, in some cases. The floods would pass on, eventually, but the forest wouldn't grow fast enough and the ground wouldn't knit itself back together.

Heavy paws took him to the rocky outcropping. "The River has given us food and luxury for as long as RiverClan has lived beside it. Yet the floods have only gotten worse with time. I... I think it's time for us to find a new River. The one we had... does not want us anymore."

Somewhere in the WindClan portion of the makeshift Gathering, Eagletalon stewed. He trusted StarClan's decisions in electing leaders, but his animosity towards Olivestar was as sharp as unsheathed claws. Never would he dream of insurrection, however, it didn't mean he had to like the situation in the slightest. After all, his mother had been Emberstar, the leader before Olivestar. The fire in her blood only passed down to him and strengthened.

"We have to pick a direction to travel in, first. And it can't just be about the River. It has to have a moor for WindClan, too!"
Back to top Go down
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

Characters : a lot.

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 8:59 pm

Mothglow stepped forward, turning to face the ShadowClan cats she'd led to Highstones. "If this is all that's left... If we really can't go back... Then all that's left to do is to move forward. Together, because no Clan can stand alone." It was a struggle to keep her composure - the marsh was her home. She had been born there, and her parents had been born there, and ShadowClan itself had been born there. Their ancestors lived and died in this forest. Would they be able to follow, if the Clans left?

Flashlight flicked her tail, not bothering to contribute to much of the discussion for now, instead settling her glare on the WindClan warrior who had spoken. "We all know that every Clan needs its own territory, you fish-brain! Do you honestly think we want you by our river? The further your moor is from the rest of us, the better!" Then, almost as an afterthought: "Personally, I think we should go that way," gesturing away from what was left of the forest. "If nothing else, we've already come this far."

Willowpaw had escaped with the rest of SkyClan; fleeing the first sign of danger. To think that her first glimpse of the forest past their territory was likely to be her last... Only now, as the older cats debated what was best for them, did she let herself pause to think. She didn't want to, but she wasn't running and she wasn't talking, and a careful survey of the cats gathered here revealed what she was most afraid of to be true. She was alone; her mother lost somewhere in the fire and the flood and the shaking ground. And she was here, among the survivors - among heroes and warriors and saviors, cats who were meant to be. And she was small, and silently shaking, and wishing more than anything that she could bury her face in her mother's fur just once more.

Frostwillow scanned the cats around, searching for the pelt he knew so well - not caring, now, if anyone saw them; shame was something for cowards, and there was honor in love regardless of what anyone had to say, and all that aside he just wanted to see the cat he loved more than any other, to know she was alive. When he finally saw a coat that matched, though, it was too small to be Feathersong; a little, shivering thing. Not quite a kit, but close enough when she was shrinking in on herself like that. "Everything will be okay," he settled next to her, tail wrapping around her in a show of comfort. "What's your name?"

"...Willowpaw."

Feathersong's voice echoed in his mind.

Willowkit. For you, and for my wish.

He'd known it even before she spoke; but that was what cast any doubts aside. Her voice and her appearance both echoed her mother (though her disposition appeared to be entirely her own), and the name he remembered. "Your mother named you well," he spoke softly. If she hadn't realized yet - if no one had told her his name, or what he looked like - she was sure to understand soon enough. "...Where is she?"
Back to top Go down
Stormy
Coordinator
Coordinator
Stormy

Characters : Softbreeze | Stormpaw | Downtuft | Shyfawn | Sneezingpaw | Berrysnow | Sneezefeather | Beechkit | Bloomkit | Breeze | Mudpie | Bearpounce | Eevee | Blurrykit | Bramblekit | Lavender | Amethyst | Swankit | Sagepaw | Silverwillow | Splashpaw | Himbo Steve | Stealth | Bouncepaw | Soap

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 10:31 pm

As soon as Sneezefeather's adrenaline had worn out, she'd collapsed in a puddle of grief. Petalrain.... No. No. Sneezefeather absolutely refused to believe she was dead. But that meant.... They'd left her. They'd abandoned her again. Sneezefeather had abandoned her again. No! I'm not leaving her again! Sneezefeather heard voices vaguely, but couldn't tell what they were saying. Raising her head a couple inches, she saw the engulfed pines and oaks, burning red as far as the eye could see. Petal is strong. She has to be alive, she just has to be.

Every other cat was distracted.

This was the perfect opportunity.

Shakily getting up, her eyes set with determination, she placed one paw in front of the other. She could do it. Sneezefeather knew she could. She'd find Petalrain, and she'd help her back to Highstones. She was about to take the first descending steps down Highstones when a creamy orange blur rammed into her, and Sneezefeather felt herself hissing.

"No!" Coppersun growled, pinning his mate down with all the force he could muster in his half drowned state. "I know you miss her, Sneeze. You think I don't!? But she's gone. Our home is gone. Our kits are gone! And– and we can't.. We can't change that! They're dead, Sneezefeather, and you have to accept it!"

"No!" She sobbed, fighting against him, "She– she's not! She can't be! She's alive, I know it! I have to go back— I have to save her!"

"THERE IS NO CAT TO SAVE, SNEEZE!"

The SkyClanners stared at each other, pain contorting their faces, panting heavily. Coppersun's muzzle scrunched up, and he stepped to the side before hunching over. "I don't want Petalrain to be dead, either, Sneezefeather. But she is. And she died having finally found forgiveness. She saved Bloomkit, and Beechkit. She's a hero, Sneeze. In her last moments she found clarity and peace, something she's been looking for for moons. You saw her; she showed no hesitation. Instead of finding false hope in the past, we should look towards the future." Coppersun's ambery eyes lifted slightly and nodded towards Beechkit and Bloomkit. Tears had tufted up his face furs, and his eyes were red.

Sneezefeather took in a deep shuddering breath, and wailed loudly, claws flexing in the stone. "I-I— I never told her I was sorry!" Coppersun merely grinned sorrowfully at her, "She knows, Sneeze, she knows."

Berrysnow watched this exchange, feeling deep in his heart the sorrow she was feeling. He didn't understand much of what had happened, but he understood that someone very important to them was gone, and that they more than likely were lost tonight. Sneezingpaw pressed up beside him, looking around. "What do we do now?" She mewed, turning her head to the side. "We mourn." He mumbled, closing his eyes, and sending a silent prayer to StarClan, wishing that any cat who'd died tonight would be welcomed with open paws.

Bouncepaw, following after his father, who approached a young molly. Not saying a word, he settled beside him, and tried to remember why this young apprentice, who couldn't have been more than his own age, seemed vaguely familiar. Does papa know her, I wonder?

Softbreeze could feel the Clans discomfort and mistrust rising, no thanks to Eagletalon, and deep in her heart she knew she had to do something. "Olivestar, if I may?" She mewed softly, then stepped forward, and to make herself been seen a bit better, jumped into the platform Olive was on. "RiverClan, SkyClan, ShadowClan, WindClan, ThunderClan! Please, now is most certainly not the time to be arguing amongst ourselves. Our homes are... Our homes are ruined. So many lives were lost, and all of our clans are in dismay. Our fallen Clanmates wouldn't want us to bicker with each other. We'll find a new home, one with territory for all five Clans, and for StarClan. And we'll do it together. That's what we do best; we come together when times are rough. Like how RiverClan saved SkyClan, and how I came to issue a warning of the ground's shaking. We have to look out for each other. The survival of all the Clans depends on us. So, please, don't fight! Instead, dedicate your strength to assisting the injured."

Turning her gaze to Mothglow and Smallbean, she thought sadly how few healers there were left. "Did you manage to grab any herbs? I threw a couple towards Smallbean. From the looks of them I randomly grabbed a parcel of travelling herbs, painkillers, a splint parcel, and things for coughs." Sighing, she looked around at the array of cats. "I won't be able to administer poppy seeds to any cat. We have to keep moving and they'll tire you. Eevee, Oleander. Do you know of a sheltered area not to far from here that the ground's shaking won't reach?"

It felt... Almost odd to be commanding orders. She guiltily looked back at Olivestar. I didn't mean to take over, sorry. She thought, smiling shyly towards Olivestar, a bit embarrassed. "Ah, er... Olive you take the reins. If any cat is injured, please come over here to our makeshift healer area!" She called, then stepped down. Softbreeze nodded at Smallbean, and picked up two of the parcels, wondering how in StarClan's name they'd even be able to continue traveling like this.

"Could we shelter with the Moonstone?" Silverwillow, an elderly ThunderClanner suggested. Sagepaw, a young WindClan apprentice, looked at him funny, "But what if it collapses on us?" The tortoiseshell asked, and the elder hummed in consideration. "Are we even fit to travel like this?" Bearpounce, a ShadowClan warrior, exclaimed, flexing his claws. "Don't be mousebrained. If we stay here the tremors might follow!" Stormpaw insisted, worry in her new as she nosed her mate, Elsa.

At last, a soft brown and cream molly padded forward, amber eyes shining. "Dear Olivestar. If I may speak? I've traveled over many, many, many lands. I know the terrain quite well, and if you need a guide to a safe zone, I think I know just the place. Not too far from here there's a dip between two valleys, so that you're sheltered from the wind, and it's too far for any trembling to follow, but close enough for the injured to get to. That is probably our best idea, however any other ideas are welcomed! Oleander, do you have anything to add?"

Last edited by Stormy on Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

Characters : a lot.

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 5:10 pm

Cinderpaw kept to the ThunderClan cats that had managed to escape, but even among them she tried to keep her distance. Looking out at what remained of the Clans, and back to what they had left behind, one paw nudging the one treasure she had managed to save. A beautiful colored stone, one she had once kept by her nest. It was the one memory she had of her mother, of someone she had never met - and now it was the last memory she had of her father. Surrounded by the family that had raised her, she felt incredibly alone; left as she was to carry the burden of secrets, lies and truths.

Willowpaw continued to shiver, though less so now that there was someone next to her. Two, actually; the RiverClan warrior who had approached her now tailed by an apprentice who seemed to be about her age. Why did he feel familiar? Like she had seen him somewhere before...

Seeing the pair of apprentices eye each other curiously, Frostwillow nudged Bouncepaw gently. "This is Willowpaw," he introduced, unsure of how to broach the subject of their relation. For the moment, all he knew was that she was afraid, and he wanted to shield her from their bitter reality. This, though, would have to be enough. "Willowpaw, this is Bouncepaw - my son."

At the WindClan medicine cat's words, Mothglow shook her head. "I didn't have time. I was so focused on making sure everyone got here safely..." And she had failed in that, but that failure hung heavy over all of them. She wouldn't call attention to it now, instead letting it settle with the rest of her failures in the back of her mind, where it was sure to frequent her nightmares.

"Ah... I don't mean to interrupt, and I certainly mean no disrespect. All the same, I believe I do have something to say... Once we have managed to regroup and recover as much as we are able," Zinnia began, looking to her mate as she spoke in hopes that Olivestar at least wouldn't disapprove completely of her suggestion, "I believe I may know of a place we could seek refuge. The place I once called my home is distant, but well-shielded from danger; and they would not turn away those in need." There was a moment's pause as she gathered her thoughts, then: "That is to say... In the long term, we will have to seek a new place to live. Before we can prepare for that journey, we must salvage what we can of ourselves." She blinked. "I suppose I'm not making sense again, am I?"

Last edited by Holly on Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peridot
Coordinator
Coordinator
Peridot

Characters : Olivestar | Redwolf | Cherryblossom | Bluepaw | Oleander | Cobalt | Wolf | Silver | Clover

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 9:45 pm

As the remaining Clan cats milled about and murmured to themselves about what to do, a few voices rose above the noise and caught Olivestar's attention. A RiverClan tom mentioned a river, and before she could respond, Eagletalon, in his quick-tempered nature, snapped back. Another RiverClan warrior, a she-cat this time, responded in kind, with her own barbed tongue. The gray leader called out,
"Of course, all five Clans will have a place in our new home, we must make sure that no Clan is left behind."

Nodding along with Mothglow's addition, she then flinched at a raised voice, from what she could gather was the remains of SkyClan. Another pang of grief squeezed the leader's heart at the implications of what was said, about there being no one left to save. She found the source of the voice, a pair of SkyClanners mourning the loss of a Clanmate, or even family, she could guess. With a deep breath to steel her resolve, she turned to Softbreeze, who had jumped up beside her. Dipping her head, she stepped back, to allow the medicine cat more of a platform.
"Of course, go ahead."

Her trusted medicine cat spoke true, and Olivestar found herself agreeing with every word, and when Softbreeze stepped back, she smiled and murmured, "I couldn't have said it any better myself."

Now, she turned her attention to the loners who had offered their expertise.
"Oleander, Eevee, your expertise will be greatly needed, and I thank you for the kind offer."

Lastly, Zinnia approached, and turned to face what was left of the Clans. An offer, of the first leg of their journey, to seek refuge with the Garden. With a smile, she murmured to Zinnia,
"That makes perfect sense, love."

Turning back to the rest of the gathered cats, she nods.
"I think that's a great idea. We find the Garden, shelter with them after we've regrouped and rested, and then we can continue in our search for a new home. Any objections, or other ideas?"

With narrowed eyes, Redwolf watched as squabbles broke out around her, and she hunkered down over Amberkit, glaring at the OtherClanners that bickered. She turned back to Olivestar, and watched as another cat hopped up beside her and spoke at length. As much as the red she-cat was loathe to admit, the other cat was right, and she sighed as more murmurs rose up around her. Finally, a third cat spoke, telling of an old home that they could seek refuge in, with Olivestar's approval. She grunted and nodded, as it was probably the best course of action so far.
"I can live with that."

A soft smile crossed Oleander's face at Olivestar's words.
"Of course, it's my pleasure."

Last edited by Peridot on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nymphia
Nymphia

Characters : [Loner] Palepaw | [SC] Amberkit | [SR] Ruby Strike

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 12:53 am

A small pale tabby perks their ears up at the sound of many cats outside their hiding place. They had been living on the outskirts of Clan territory after fleeing from them many moons ago, feeling as if their clan - and their mentor, the deputy of Windclan - would be better off without the cowardly apprentice dragging them down. Palepaw barely scraped by during this time, and when the shaking ground woke them up, destroying the little makeshift den they had managed to throw together near the thunderpath that served as Windclan's border, they were sure that this signaled the end. They were going to die without ever seeing the cats they cared about again, completely and utterly alone.

This certainty didn't stop them from trying to escape, however.

Palepaw sprinted for Highstones, the only place they could think of that might be safe from the thunderous quaking. They had never been there before, but it wasn't difficult to see their snowy peaks rising high above. The ground split open around them, and they even managed to leap over a small chasm in their panic. The grass faded away, leaving rocky uneven ground that made the young loner's paws ache to traverse, but still they kept running.

Eventually, they saw the cave opening they knew to be Mothermouth in the distance. With one last burst of adrenaline-fueled speed, Palepaw made it to the entrance of the cave and dove inside, not descending too far for fear of the whole mountain crumbling down around them, but not too close to the entrance in case their pale pelt made them visible to predators in the area. They curled up into a little ball of nervous energy, trembling in fear. They only realized the ground had stopped shaking once the sound of their own frantic heartbeat stopped pounding in their ears, and it wasn't too long after this realization that Palepaw realized they heard voices - familiar voices.

Hardly daring to believe their own senses, Palepaw cautiously approached the cave's entrance, peering out to try and catch a glimpse of the newcomers without beeing seen. Their eyes widened as they recognized the pelts of many clan cats - including their former mentor, Olivestone!

Palepaw stopped dead in their tracks, stunned at the sight before them, but who they saw next surprised them even more - Morningdove, one of Olivestar's former apprentices. They had never properly met the scarred gray tabby who'd slept in the medicine den, stuck a coma caused by her grave injuries from a battle fought before they were even born. Too focused on the sight of the clan cats all gathered together, especially when their mentor made her way up the rocks to address what was left of the clans gathered below, the runaway apprentice didn't even look up to see the destruction of their former home in the distance.

Palepaw couldn't hear what any of the gathered cats were saying, they were too far away and too overwhelmed at the sight of their mentor and the rest of their clanmates. Their worries of not being good enough to stand alongside their peers were forgotten, at least for now - it was instead replaced by the simple desire to not be alone after the literal earth-shattering disaster they had just managed to escape. Palepaw nervously exited the cave, slowly at first, and then picking up speed as they became overcome with emotion and tears began to form in their eyes. They reached the gathered cats right as their former mentor was asking if there were any objections over going to a place called the Garden, and the pale spotted tabby realized with a start that no longer was Olivestone, standing in front of cats from all clans and addressing them with authority, simply a deputy. No, in the time since Palepaw had run away, she had become a leader. It was obvious in the way she held herself and in the tone of voice she used when speaking to the group below her, not to mention the fact that the cat who had been leader of Windclan when they ran away was not present among the displaced clan cats.

Suddenly feeling very small, Palepaw skidded to a halt near the rocky outcropping the leader was speaking from on top of. They looked up at her, blinking tears away, and opened their mouth to speak. There was so much they wanted to say, but only a single word came out in a voice slightly raspy from disuse.

"Olive.... star?"

Amberkit felt Redwolf hunch protectively around him and pressed himself closer to her, trembling with fear over what had just happened to them and the uncertainty of what lied ahead. He tried his best not to think about the fact that his father, Flintstar, the leader of Shadowclan, wasn't sitting beside Windclan's leader Olivestar and brainstorming what should be done with her. He hadn't seen his parents or any of his siblings in the mad dash for safety, but he had assumed they would meet up somewhere safe. Now that it seemed like everyone who had survived the disaster was present, the usually bright and cheerful kit found himself aching deep inside over the absence of the majority of his family. They must have just run in another direction, right? But if the cats gathered around him all decided to leave....

The thought made his blood run cold, and the fluffy brown kit looked up at his aunt with wide, scared eyes. "Redwolf..? We can't leave yet, right? Mom and Dad aren't here yet, and neither are my brothers and sisters! We can't leave or else they won't be able to catch up with us!"
Back to top Go down
cotton
Coordinator
Coordinator
cotton

Characters : [S]mallbean, [R]obinloft, [E]lsa, [B]urntpaw

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 12:43 am

[uhh this is kind of a response to Solace Among the Peaks as long as this topic lol. Sorry its so late! Also sorry it's a bit all over the place lol]

Burntpaw really didn't know what to think. Since the disasters began he had absentmindedly run alongside crowds, following any directions given to him and responding to them with vague mumbles that he couldn't recall. Now he stood within a sea of cats in an unfamiliar place, the mix of new smells overwhelming him. There were cats of all clans here, and others too, but there was still not enough. There were definitely some missing, this was only a fraction of the amount of cats he had seen at gatherings. He didn't want to think about who wasn't here, he didn't want to face grief yet.

Amidst the cries and yowls, Burntpaw said nothing, sitting quietly with his tail wrapped around his paws- until something- or someone, almost knocked him off of his paws. "Hey-" Burntpaw looked over to meet the kind eyes of an unfamiliar she-cat, who quickly interrupted him to apologize. "Oh, I'm so sorry, you'll have to excuse me." The pristine she-cat walked off, calling a last, "Sorry!" over her shoulder, leaving Burntpaw to watch her as she disappeared into the crowd. Shaking his head, he sat down once more, letting his eyes close.

Elsa walked away from the tall dark tabby after sparing him one last glance, chasing after the almost pitch-black tail tip that belonged to Storm as they made their way through the crowd. "Wait up, Storm!" This was such a new experience to Elsa, she'd never seen so many cats in one place before. But she could only marvel for so long before noticing the state these cats were in. Some were grieving, some calling out and yowling at one another. Only a few, Elsa noticed, were taking a lead.

Elsa's gaze followed Storm as she approached cats she's never seen before, one of them bounding to her without hesitance. The cat smelled of Thunderclan. These must be the cats Storm had told her about.

A blur of grey caught Robinloft's attention. A familiar voice.

The moment Robinloft registered the cat in her sight as Storm she rushed over to her, almost not being able to believe her eyes. "Storm it's... it's been so long!" The thunderclanner pressed her head against Storm's neck, tears filling the brims of her eyes. "I thought you were gone for good. I'm so glad you're okay, I missed you so much!" For a moment Robinloft let her emotions take over, forgetting about the weight of the situation for just a moment, thinking about the last time she had seen Storm.

Their reunion was interrupted by the call of another cat, one that rose above the rest. Robinloft and Elsa both turned their gazes toward a silver she-cat who stood above everyone.

Smallbean looked up to his leader when he heard her voice, fear clouding his gaze. The adrenaline had worn off and now he was faced with pure grief and panic. It seemed unreal, the events had all happened so quickly. Some of the cats he was closest to he may never see again. Tears threatened to spill from his eyes at the thought. All Smallbean could do was try to busy himself by re-arranging the meager herbs that he had been directed to bring along in an attempt to escape the situation, even if it were only for a few moments.

It seemed as though not even Olivestar knew exactly what to do, but a small amount of hope rested within the loners who had joined them. Surely they would know much more about what lay beyond the territories than any of the clans did.

When Elsa heard Olivestar ask if anyone had ideas, she didn't hesitate to speak up. She wanted to help in any way she could, after all. "Olivestar, if you need any more assistance navigating the land outside of the territories, I would love to help the best I can. I've never heard of a garden or valley, though." If Elsa was being honest she knew far more about the twolegplace than anything else, especially after spending so much time there, but she had done her fair share of exploring, even beyond the territories. If there was a way that she could help, she would try her best.

Softbreeze's voice drew Smallbean's attention. His mentor now took place of where Olivestar had previously stood. The small tom's eyes widened at the tone of her voice. He'd never heard Softbreeze speak like that before, and if she did he was too busy raking through his messy thoughts to listen. He made sure to listen now, though, softly nodding and holding up what herbs he had when Softbreeze mentioned him. "I was able to bring a few herbs, but not much." He said weakly, head lowering when he heard Mothglow's response. This entire situation seemed hopeless. Luckily it didn't seem as though too many cats were hurt, but that wasn't to say that no cats would get hurt on the journey.

Burntpaw, even though he looked as if he could be sleeping, was listening to every word spoken. Every spat, every grief-stricken cry, every idea called above the crowd. But he couldn't blame them, if he weren't busy trying to register his feelings he would probably be doing the same. That didn't mean that he wouldn't' silently agree with some ideas, though. Burntpaw had been to so many homes that he didn't really feel attached to any specific one anymore, so if the clans would find somewhere else to live, he supposed that he would call wherever they ended up home too.

"To the garden it is, then?" Robinloft stepped forward, casting a glace back to Storm, Cherryblossom, and Elsa over her shoulder before doing so. "Wherever we go, we will stay together, just as Softbreeze said." She gave a quick nod to Windclan's medicine cat before turning toward Olivestar. "If the garden is where Windclan will go, Thunderclan will follow. I don't think we have any other option anyways." Robinloft hadn't a clue as to what the garden was, but at this point she was willing to take any option. All she could do was trust that they were making the right decision.
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/kiizmett
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

Characters : (P) Petalkit (D) Duskwolf (S)Spotlake (SB) Snowkit (R) Rosekit

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Spotlake felt as if Starclan was against the clans, with all the disasters happening recently. All the clans were left homeless, and so many cats' families gone. She sighed, as she listened to Olivestar's decision. Was the she-cat the only leader that managed to survive? Seems like it. Spotlake sat down, wrapping her tail around her paws. The garden seemed like the best place at the moment, for all the clans. Let's hope everything works out in the end.

Duskwolf padded up to where the remaining Riverclan cats were, as he held Petalkit in his jaws. He had managed to save the poor kit, who had been sleeping in the nursery when the disaster hit. He had yet to find her parents, and hoped that he'd be able to find them. Duskwolf set Petalkit down at his paws, prodding her with his nose. "Hey wake up." He whispered. At his words, the kit lifted her head, blinking her eyes. "Oh, hello! Where am I?" The young kit asked, her wide eyes filled with innocentence and wonder. "We're at highstones." Duskwolf told her, trying to sound as happy and friendly as possible. Petalkit let out a gasp of wonder. "Really?! Do you think I'll be able to talk to Starclan? My momma told me they can grant wishes!" Duskwolf shook his head. "Not right now. Maybe later though. Right now we have to listen to the nice cat Olivestar over there." Duskwolf turned his head towards where the she-cat was standing, causing Petalkit to nod. "M'kay!"

Petalkit listened intensly to Olivestar's announcement, looking over to Duskwolf, confusion in her gaze. "Why are we leaving our homes?" She asked. "Because our homes aren't really homes anymore. Starclan says we need to move somewhere else." Duskwolf explained. Wow, it seemed like he had all the answers. "A place more pretty?" Petalkit asked, as her confusion turned into wonder. Duskwolf nodded. "Y-yup?" Petalkit let out a gasp of delight, as a smile grew on her face.

Duskwolf felt a pang of pity hit his heart. The poor kit was so innocent and hopeful, he felt sorta envious towards her. Even in the worst of situations she was oblivous to it all. She was most likely oblivous to the dissapperance of her parents as well. Poor thing.
Back to top Go down
Peridot
Coordinator
Coordinator
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 12:31 am

As more murmuring broke out at her question, a small, yet familiar voice rung out from behind her, and Olivestar turned, seeing someone who she'd never thought she'd see again.

Palepaw...

She stepped down from the small outcropping and with joy breaking through the overwhelming grief she'd experienced, she approached her former apprentice and pressed her forehead up to theirs, purring. She gave their forehead a few licks, and stepped back, murmuring,
"I never thought I'd see you again, I was so worried when you disappeared... I'm so glad you're alive, and back with us... well..." she paused, glancing back at the gathered cats with a sinking feeling once more, "...what's left of us."

Taking a deep breath, she smiled again, a tired one, tinged with grief.
"The Clan will be happy to see you again. Though, excuse having to cut this reunion short, I'm... the only leader left. These cats need a strong figure to guide them, and guide them I will."

Brushing her tail across Palepaw's flank as she turns, she steps back up to the outcropping just as Robinloft approaches with her support for the plan, and she smiles at the ThunderClan warrior. "We're stronger together. I'm glad to have your support."

As Redwolf hunched down, Amberkit had pressed himself against her chest, and with a small voice, asked about Flintstar and Frecklewish, along with his siblings. A familiar feeling washed over her, the feeling of heartbreak, and she dipped her head, her breath catching in her throat as she tried to find the right words. She didn't want to break his heart, much like how hers had been when she was his age.
"They must have escaped a different way than us, though I wonder why they didn't come to Highstones too..." with a heavy heart, she murmured, "We can't wait here forever. Everyone needs shelter and food, and this is no place to live. If they can find us, they will."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic   Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking For a Little Bit of Hope These Days - Highstones Decision Topic
Page 1 of 1