Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary

A world in which the forest has fallen, and the fate of the warrior Clans is uncertain.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to Sanctuary! Read the site rules, then go post a creation! Thanks for checking us out!
Sanctuary is now open to the public! If you'd like to join our Discord, please check the sticky announcement!
Please feel free to invite your friends to Sanctuary and to advertise! The more the merrier!
Please never feel nervous to reach out to the coordinator team, or any member of Sanctuary! We aren't staff, but we make sure peace is kept, and if you have a question please just ask!
Disasters have struck the forest, and with heavy hearts the Clan cats, along with some loner friends, now must decide what the next step is. Olivestar's mate, Zinnia, has suggested they go to her homelands after recuperating, and it seems every cat agrees that is the best idea yet.
Please have a wonderful time here, roleplaying and making friends!
Discord Server
Latest topics
» flowers of the field [Arrival Topic]
from the ashes EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 8:29 pm by Hitsjolly

» flight of feathers
from the ashes EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by Hitsjolly

» from the ashes
from the ashes EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:20 pm by Hitsjolly

» wishes
from the ashes EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:13 pm by Holly

» restless spirits
from the ashes EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:02 pm by Holly

» The Journey to the Garden + open topics!
from the ashes EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:44 pm by Stormy

» Rosekit, the boy who just watches his sister's crap
from the ashes EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm by Stormy

» Snowkit, the Regina George/ Heather Chandler kinnie
from the ashes EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm by Stormy

» with every heartbeat i have left [c]
from the ashes EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 1:19 pm by Stormy

Top posting users this week
No user

from the ashes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

Characters : a lot.

from the ashes Empty
PostSubject: from the ashes   from the ashes EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 1:47 pm

Cinderpaw hung back, trying to distance herself from the rest of her Clanmates. She was somewhat distant by nature, weighed by the burden of secrecy, but still tended to socialize within ThunderClan - she just couldn't bring herself to act like everything was normal anymore. The sudden shift of balance, in the world and in her life, left her burdened by a grief she hadn't had to carry before; the memory of what was lost haunting her with every day and night away from the forest.

She had fought so hard to make her place there, in that land that was only half her own, and all that remained were those that surrounded her and the place they'd left behind, a forest filled with ashes and embers. She was haunted now by her own name, as if the nightmares weren't enough.

There was one other memory of what was lost that she kept with her - a stone, black and yellow and not particularly smooth, but easy enough to roll under her paws. It was difficult to carry and keep safe, particularly without burdening anyone else, but she had determined it was too precious to lose.
Back to top Go down
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

Characters : (P) Petalkit (D) Duskwolf (S)Spotlake (SB) Snowkit (R) Rosekit

from the ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: from the ashes   from the ashes EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:14 pm

Petalkit often stayed close to Duskwolf, mostly because he insisted. Which she obviously didn't appreciate. She was with so many other cats, most of them not even from her clan. She wanted to talk to them all, especially since they seemed so nice! Heck, she barely even talked with her own clanmates! How was she going to find friends, or a future lover even, if she didn't talk to anybody! She could always sneak away, but Duskwolf would probably go into a panic over her. So what could Petalkit do.....

Out of the corner Petalkit's eye, she noticed a cat. The cat was rather close by, as Petalkit wasn't in fact the fastest walker, and Duskwolf would always try to stay in stride with her, so if Petalkit started talking to the cat, she wouldn't to go very far. And then Duskwolf wouldn't put himself into a frenzy! That's a perfect plan! Petalkit thought to herself. A smile appeared onto her face, as she scooted herself closer to the cat. "Hiya! I'm Petalkit, what's your name?" Petalkit mewed, her eyes wide, and her face friendly.

Last edited by Hitsjolly on Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

from the ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: from the ashes   from the ashes EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Weighed as she was by grief and sadness, even on her darkest days Cinderpaw couldn't quite bring herself to snap at a kit. This one wasn't familiar to her - under the mix of scents that covered them all by now, one was a little stronger than the others. RiverClan, then.

"Petalkit. That's a nice name," she said quietly. It was soft-sounding, and quite pretty. "My name is Cinderpaw."

Cinderpaw wasn't a particularly pretty name. But it was hers, a gift from parents that loved her (a legacy that was hers to continue), and she wore it with pride.

"...Are you okay walking?"

It wasn't that she was bad with kits, exactly. But she didn't have much experience with them, outside of having been one some time ago. Then again, she hadn't had to travel like this at the time, so even if she did remember she supposed it wouldn't be of much use.
Back to top Go down
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

from the ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: from the ashes   from the ashes EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 8:13 pm

"Hiya Cinderpaw!" Petalkit said, rolling over the name. It was a nice name. She didn't know what cinders were, but they sounded pretty. She wondered if cinders were a type of flower. If they were, she hoped they were pretty flowers.

"Hm, walking? Oh yeah, I've been doing good! And if I ever fall behind or get tired, Duskwolf can just pick me up, and carry me for a good chunk, until I'm able to walk again!" Her smile widened, as she stared up at Cinderpaw. Cinderpaw didn't look happy. Petalkit wondered why. She was sure it wasn't her fault, so why was Cinderpaw sad? Maybe she should ask! "Also, Cinderpaw, why do you look sad?"
Back to top Go down
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

from the ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: from the ashes   from the ashes EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 11:56 am

"Right..." Cinderpaw nodded. Warriors carrying kits, that made far more sense now that she thought about it. Then the kit asked an innocent question, one anyone might have, and for a moment she froze. "I..."

I don't know how to be happy.

She couldn't tell the truth, not in any way that mattered. Even aside from the secrets she was keeping, she refused to be the one to take a kit's innocent worldview and toss it aside.

"...I miss the home we've left behind," she said instead. That, at least, was true. "That's all."
Back to top Go down
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

from the ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: from the ashes   from the ashes EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:20 pm

"Oh you do?" Petalkit noted silently, before looking down at her paws. "I don't remember Riverclan's camp all that well, or even saw the territory! My momma said it looked super pretty in Green-leaf." Petalkit then glanced back up towards Cinderpaw, her smile turning big and wide. "But Duskwolf did say that our new home could look just as pretty! He also says that home is where the cats are! I don't how homes are made by cats, but it sounds cool!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

from the ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: from the ashes   from the ashes Empty

Back to top Go down

from the ashes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary :: RP :: Uncharted Lands-
Jump to: