Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary

A world in which the forest has fallen, and the fate of the warrior Clans is uncertain.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to Sanctuary! Read the site rules, then go post a creation! Thanks for checking us out!
Sanctuary is now open to the public! If you'd like to join our Discord, please check the sticky announcement!
Please feel free to invite your friends to Sanctuary and to advertise! The more the merrier!
Please never feel nervous to reach out to the coordinator team, or any member of Sanctuary! We aren't staff, but we make sure peace is kept, and if you have a question please just ask!
Disasters have struck the forest, and with heavy hearts the Clan cats, along with some loner friends, now must decide what the next step is. Olivestar's mate, Zinnia, has suggested they go to her homelands after recuperating, and it seems every cat agrees that is the best idea yet.
Please have a wonderful time here, roleplaying and making friends!
Discord Server
Latest topics
» flowers of the field [Arrival Topic]
flight of feathers EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 8:29 pm by Hitsjolly

» flight of feathers
flight of feathers EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by Hitsjolly

» from the ashes
flight of feathers EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:20 pm by Hitsjolly

» wishes
flight of feathers EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:13 pm by Holly

» restless spirits
flight of feathers EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:02 pm by Holly

» The Journey to the Garden + open topics!
flight of feathers EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:44 pm by Stormy

» Rosekit, the boy who just watches his sister's crap
flight of feathers EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm by Stormy

» Snowkit, the Regina George/ Heather Chandler kinnie
flight of feathers EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm by Stormy

» with every heartbeat i have left [c]
flight of feathers EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 1:19 pm by Stormy

Top posting users this week
No user

flight of feathers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

Characters : a lot.

flight of feathers Empty
PostSubject: flight of feathers   flight of feathers EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 1:22 pm

As a general rule, every movement Dovepaw made was purposeful. Every step, every stride, every spoken word and wide-eyed glance was another chance to get ahead in the battlefield of life. To get the attention of those around her, because she was clever and talented and as far as she was concerned, that deserved recognition.

Still, there was nothing saying she couldn't take pleasure in the moment as she raced toward her goals; dashing ahead of the rest at every opportunity to feel the wind grow stronger. She was named for the bird, as her mother had told her - blessed by its swiftness and its grace. The moor was gone, cracked and shattered under their paws, but the wind survived, and so long as there was wind there would be WindClan.

The breeze that followed after ruffled her fur as if it were feathers and she savored every second of it, wondering if any of the other travelers were impressed.
Back to top Go down
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

Characters : (P) Petalkit (D) Duskwolf (S)Spotlake (SB) Snowkit (R) Rosekit

flight of feathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flight of feathers   flight of feathers EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:02 pm

Spotlake padded with the group, sticking close to the mothers and younger cat/kits, even if they weren't from her own clan. Everyone needed to be looked out for, no matter what. She noticed one of the apprentices, enjoying the wind in her fur. Spotlake recognized her. Dovekit, though she supposed it would Dovepaw now. Spotlake wondered how the apprentice had been doing, and so with a quick glance back towards a group of kits she had been watching over, Spotlake padded over to Dovepaw, waving her tail in hello.

"Good afternoon Dovepaw. Enjoying the breeze?" Spotlake greeted, a warm smile on her maw.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

flight of feathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flight of feathers   flight of feathers EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 7:10 pm

"Absolutely," Dovepaw purred, slowing her pace to pay attention to the conversation. "I don't know why no one else is. It's wonderful weather!" They had lost quite a bit. But that was no reason to stop their lives, was it? The wind kept blowing, so they should keep running no matter what. "I imagine it's what flying feels like. Well, as close as we can get, I suppose..."

She turned her head as best she could, as if expecting wings to sprout from her back. No such miracle occurred, of course, and she was left disappointed.

Last edited by Holly on Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

flight of feathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flight of feathers   flight of feathers EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 8:21 pm

"Yea, it is a big shame no one is enjoying it. If they stay hung up on things, they'll never know the small things in life, I say." Spotlake purred in agreement. She knew herself how grief effected cats, as she had lost oh so many kits, and even her own mate. She still missed them of course, but she didn't stay hung up on their deaths. She remembered them, in their happy and good moments. One day, Spotlake hoped, the younger cats would be able to remember the old forest, and their fallen ones, with happiness, not sadness and grief.

"Haha, yea I suppose this is the closest things us cats have to flying, though I have heard Skyclan cats are rather good jumpers. I'm sure they feel their flying whenever they jump from one tree to another. Don't think they have as much wind as us Windclan cats do though." Spotlake softly chuckled. Stars, she loved hanging with her clanmates. It made her feel a sense of community.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

flight of feathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flight of feathers   flight of feathers EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 12:02 pm

"Well, we're obviously the best at what we do!" Dovepaw declared. She was WindClan through, and beyond proud of that fact - maybe a little too much so at times. "SkyClan might be good at jumping, sure, but I'd bet that WindClan's kits could outrun the best of them any day. And I'd bet any one of our warriors could outrun all the other Clans at the same time!"
Back to top Go down
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

flight of feathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flight of feathers   flight of feathers EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm

Spotlake softly lauged. "Well I'm not gonna bet against that, though Skyclan might wanna."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

flight of feathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flight of feathers   flight of feathers Empty

Back to top Go down

flight of feathers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary :: RP :: Uncharted Lands-
Jump to: