Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary

A world in which the forest has fallen, and the fate of the warrior Clans is uncertain.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to Sanctuary! Read the site rules, then go post a creation! Thanks for checking us out!
Sanctuary is now open to the public! If you'd like to join our Discord, please check the sticky announcement!
Please feel free to invite your friends to Sanctuary and to advertise! The more the merrier!
Please never feel nervous to reach out to the coordinator team, or any member of Sanctuary! We aren't staff, but we make sure peace is kept, and if you have a question please just ask!
Disasters have struck the forest, and with heavy hearts the Clan cats, along with some loner friends, now must decide what the next step is. Olivestar's mate, Zinnia, has suggested they go to her homelands after recuperating, and it seems every cat agrees that is the best idea yet.
Please have a wonderful time here, roleplaying and making friends!
Discord Server
Latest topics
» flowers of the field [Arrival Topic]
give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 8:29 pm by Hitsjolly

» flight of feathers
give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by Hitsjolly

» from the ashes
give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:20 pm by Hitsjolly

» wishes
give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:13 pm by Holly

» restless spirits
give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:02 pm by Holly

» The Journey to the Garden + open topics!
give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:44 pm by Stormy

» Rosekit, the boy who just watches his sister's crap
give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm by Stormy

» Snowkit, the Regina George/ Heather Chandler kinnie
give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm by Stormy

» with every heartbeat i have left [c]
give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 1:19 pm by Stormy

Top posting users this week
No user

give me the future, it's golden and bright

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

Characters : a lot.

give me the future, it's golden and bright Empty
PostSubject: give me the future, it's golden and bright   give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 9:16 pm

Half a moon had passed since the cats of the forest came to this valley seeking shelter and safety. The sun was dawning slowly, taking its time to peek over the horizon. The shifting colors of the early morning seemed to hang in the sky longer than usual, perhaps giving the cats below time to bid their makeshift home farewell.

This was the last dawn they would see in the valley, and the first day of their great journey. They were headed toward the Garden, yes - a mysterious place to all but the few who had been there before - but the need to find a place to call home was no doubt weighing heavily on them all.
Back to top Go down
Peridot
Coordinator
Coordinator
Peridot

Characters : Olivestar | Redwolf | Cherryblossom | Bluepaw | Oleander | Cobalt | Wolf | Silver | Clover

PostSubject: Re: give me the future, it's golden and bright   give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 3:42 pm

As the sun made its slow way over the horizon, painting the sky in shades of yellow and orange, Olivestar made her way around the last bastion of the Clans, backed up to the mountains and surrounded by bushes. She greeted the standing guards with quiet murmurs and questions about what the night had shown to them, and with equally low voices in return, they responded that all had been quiet.

With a small smile, and a little comfort that they'd stayed safe through the night, the last remaining leader knew that it was finally time to move on from this temporary shelter, and make their way to her mate's homeland. Truthfully, Olivestar had wished to see the Garden one day, though, under different circumstances than this. The Clans had desperately needed this place of respite, to recover from the shock and injury of the disasters, and now, it looked that everyone was fit to travel, thanks to time, shelter, and the efforts of the remaining medicine cats.

Having finished her rounds of the perimeter, Olivestar returned to the tree stump that she'd given announcements from. Truthfully, she felt odd giving orders to all of the Clans, given that she wasn't their leader, despite being the last remaining one. Gentle murmuring met her ears as the remnants of the Clans stirred, waking up from their makeshift nests in the valley that the kind Eevee had led them to. She made a mental note to thank the loner once again for her help.

The gray leader waited until it looked as if everyone was awake, and she hopped up onto the stump to address everyone.
"I'm sure everyone's already aware of this, but today, we'll be leaving for the Garden. Mothglow, Softbreeze, Smallbean, I take it that you all have found some herbs for traveling?" When she was met with nods, she smiled, and continued. "Great. Before we leave, everyone get some traveling herbs from them, because, and I'm sure you all know, this journey will be long and difficult, and we need all the strength we can get."

Nodding once, Olivestar took a step back.
"Robinloft, Flashlight, Mothglow, and Sneezefeather, let me know when your Clans are ready for travel, and we'll be on our way. That is all."

With that, she hopped down from the stump, making her way over to the clump of WindClan cats, in search of Zinnia. It didn't take her long to find her mate, and she sat down gently next to her, rubbing her face against Zinnia's in greeting.
"Hi, love." She purred, despite the circumstances, "Which way is the best way to the Garden from here?"

----------------------

The red she-cat had been one of the first to wake, hyper-aware of where Amberkit was at all times. Truthfully, Redwolf had hoped that her nephew's parents would return in the time the Clans had taken to rest, but no one had shown since. She felt bad for him, she knew all too well what it was like to lose one's family, and she wouldn't wish that on anyone. She gently nudged Amberkit awake, and in time for Olivestar to give an announcement about traveling herbs. Nodding along a little, she glanced around for Mothglow, and found her a little ways away, sitting with... if her memory served her right, Softbreeze and Smallbean?
Flicking her tail, she leaned down to murmur to her nephew, "Let's go get some traveling herbs for the path ahead."

With a reassuring smile, she led the way over to Mothglow, and murmured, "We'll need two sets of traveling herbs... and if you need any help, I'm here."

----------------------

Shortly preceding Olivestar's announcements, Cherryblossom had roused herself from sleep, and had been giving herself a quick wash to start the long day, of which would be one of many. She nodded along at the gray leader's words, and glanced around to find the medicine cats, and she quickly saw them sitting in a group. When the WindClan leader had finished her announcement, the little tan tabby rose to her paws and approached them, waiting a little ways away for her turn.

----------------------

Rousing herself from a fitful sleep, Bluepaw could hardly find it in herself to do much else but listen. With a sigh, she didn't move as she watched the other cats move towards the medicine cats for traveling herbs, but the large gray she-cat didn't feel like joining the mob.

----------------------

"So, today's the day, huh?" The fawn-colored she-cat murmured to Eevee. "I've seen a lot of places in my days of wandering, but I don't think I've been to the Garden before. Have you? If the Garden cats are anything like dear Zinnia, I'm sure the Clans will get along with them swimmingly."

Oleander flicked her tail, its silky plumes catching the air, gazing out over the remaining Clan cats.
"I'd heard many things about the Clans, gossip in passing from loners passing by. 'Avoid the Clans, they're hostile to outsiders', 'Steer clear of the Clans, they're territorial', well, it's nice to know that, while that advice might have been useful during their business as usual, they can and will help out loners like us in hard times like this."

She watched as the Clan cats gathered around the three remaining medicine cats, and patiently waited, content to make idle chat as the cats who needed the supplies more got to them first.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Coordinator
Coordinator
Holly

Characters : a lot.

PostSubject: Re: give me the future, it's golden and bright   give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 5:22 pm

Flashlight nodded to Olivestar, resisting the urge to make a face at taking orders from a WindClan cat. Instead, she turned her sharp gaze toward her Clanmates; softening slightly as she surveyed those who had made it. "RiverClan! If anyone needs to make last-second preparations, come and speak to me now," she called, her voice carrying easily when she was so used to catching the attention of others.
~
Mothglow kept a watchful gaze on the ShadowClan cats around her, even as expert paws gathered together traveling herbs, wishing for the hard parts to be over. But wishing wasn't nearly as useful as doing in times like this, whatever the less practical of her Clanmates might have claimed. "Of course, Olivestar," she answered with cheer she didn't quite feel, finding that it felt strange to answer to someone else. Even her own leaders she had been more casual with, mostly - it came with most of them being her kin, admittedly, but it was still odd.

Redwolf's arrival was met with a much more genuine expression of happiness. "Of course," she nodded, already bundling together two more sets. "And the same goes for you," she added, softer.
~
Zinnia was pawing at the dirt in a way that seemed rather aimless, and had been for much of the early-early morning, even when her eyes were fixed on the sky, though she paused in her efforts when her mate appeared at her side. Returning Olivestar's gesture of affection, she glanced skyward once more; but the stars were gone, replaced the coming dawn. Consulting, instead, the odd lines in the dirt, she gestured out of the valley with her tail. "This way, according to the stars."
~
Batbite paced in circles, eager to step into the unknown and set paw on an uncharted path, waiting rather impatiently for the leaders and medicine cats and stand-ins to decide they were ready to leave at last. Now that they'd taken the first steps, she had every desire to run far from the forest - if not for worrying about the rest of them, she would have run off ahead days ago, even without knowing which direction they needed to go.
Back to top Go down
cotton
Coordinator
Coordinator
cotton

Characters : [S]mallbean, [R]obinloft, [E]lsa, [B]urntpaw

PostSubject: Re: give me the future, it's golden and bright   give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 pm

Smallbean rose with the sun that morning, just as he had ever since what remained of the clans began sheltering in this makeshift camp. His hopes were high that morning, especially knowing that they would finally be on the move again. The entire morning he had waited for Olivestar to jump on the stump to make the announcement, and when she finally did he made sure to listen. Excitement filled him when she spoke, nodding when he was mentioned. Most days, he would spend his time herb hunting to make sure that they had enough herbs for travelling this time, if only they had more herbs on the journey from the forest. He was certain that they had enough now, between his, Softbreeze, and Mothglow's efforts.

Turning toward the crowd, he readied himself to hand out travelling herbs. Even if the amount of cats here was much smaller than before they left the forest, there was still many cats to make herb wraps for. He was still sure that there was enough, though.

Robinloft blinked the sleep from her bleary eyes, focusing them on the fuzzy gray blob that was Olivestar. Had she overslept again? The she-cat stretched out her legs and pulled herself from her makeshift nest, looking at Olivestar more clearly now. She had woken up just in time, it seemed as though she hadn't missed much of her announcements- not that she needed to hear them. Robinloft had been aware that they were leaving for the past few days now. Shaking out her thick pelt, she padded into the crowd, ready to make sure that Thunderclan was all prepared to leave. "Alright, Thunderclan, you heard Olivestar. Go to..." She squinted in the direction of the medicine cats, trying to remember their names before giving up. "Go to the medicine cats for travelling herbs!" Robinloft stood back away from the crowd, allowing other cats to get their herbs first. She would wait until everyone else got theirs before getting her own. If another cat needed herbs more, she wanted them to go first.

Elsa hummed happily to herself, sitting out in the middle of the clearing, her flank pressed against Storm's. "Hey, Storm. Do you know much about this garden place?" She asked quietly without taking her eyes off of the Windclan leader as she spoke. She had stayed with the clans for quite some time now, but she still had no clue as to what the garden was or where it was. Even in her days as a loner, she had never heard of any garden that wasn't within the confines of a twoleg's fence.

After Olivestar had finished her announcements, Elsa stood up, arching her back in a stretch. She watched as the crowd began to move in the direction of three cats, who she supposed were the medicine cats. "Storm, let's go get travelling herbs!" She said, nudging Storm along. "I don't know much about herbs, but these will help us, right? Do they taste good?"

Separating his jaws in a wide yawn, Burntpaw watched Olivestar, not a word leaving his mouth. His half-lidded gaze looked over the crowd as they turned toward the medicine cats for herbs. He sighed, standing up to join them. The apprentice had mixed feelings on leaving today. On one paw, there could still be some cats alive out there. On the other paw, the clans couldn't stay here forever. But it wasn't as if he had a say in it.

Padding over to the medicine cats, he walked up to Softbreeze, speaking when it was his turn. "Could I have some travelling herbs, please?" His tone was even but polite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/kiizmett
Hitsjolly

Hitsjolly

Characters : (P) Petalkit (D) Duskwolf (S)Spotlake (SB) Snowkit (R) Rosekit

PostSubject: Re: give me the future, it's golden and bright   give me the future, it's golden and bright EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 4:23 pm

Spotlake yawned, as Olivestar announced that they were leaving. She got up onto her paw, and walked over to Smallbean, waving her tail in hello, forcing a smile onto her face. "Morning Smallbean!" Spotlake meowed.

Petalkit's dreams were nice. They were of pretty flowers that her momma had told her about, and big plump shiny fish, with scales so pretty that a cat could feel bad about eating them. There was also cats, with tails intertwined, and eyes full of love, at least that's what momma said what love was like. Petalkit found it super enticing. Suddenly though, she was stolen away from her nice dreams where healthy loving relationships reigned supreme, with a gentle nudge and soft words, calling her name. Petalkit softly opened her eyes, looking up to see that it was Duskwolf. "Oh morning Dusk." Petalkit greeted, stifling a yawn as she did so. "Morning kit." Duskwolf greeted back, a soft smile on his face.

Petalkit got up onto her paws, slipping out of Duskwolf's front paws, which were tucked in a way that was similar to a nest. She glanced back towards Duskwolf, a smile starting to grow onto her face. "So, what are we doing today?" Petalkit asked, curiosity tinting her shrill voice. "Oh well today we're going to the prettier new place." Duskwolf explained. Petalkit let out a gasp. The new pretty place! Oh stars it was pretty, than it must be amazing, at least in Petalkit's mind. Maybe it'll have all the pretty flowers from Petalkit's dreams, and momma's tales- Oh momma! Petalkit hadn't seen her in a bit, but Petalkit was sure she was around here somewhere. Maybe Duskwolf would know! "Is my momma coming with us? Where is she?" She asked him.

Duskwolf stared down at Petalkit, the feeling of pity he had been feeling the past couple of day, only growing, especially when he looked at Petalkit's wide green eyes. She was so innocent, he didn't want to break her by telling her that mother was possibly dead.. "Um, she told me while you were sleeping that she was going somewhere else, and to take care of you!" A lie. "Oh really?" Petalkit mewed, sounding dissapointed, before perking up again. "Well when we find our new home, can we visit her?" "Of course!" Another lie, this time mixed with truth. Petalkit would be able to visit her, though Duskwolf wasn't sure if it was going to be through a trip to someplace were living cats could see Starclan, like with the Moonstone, or through death.

"Anyways." Duskwolf began, attempting to change the topic, or more or less to change his thoughts. "We have some traveling herbs to eat. Let's head over to one of the nice medicine cats." Petalkit nodded vigorsly. "M'kay!" Duskwolf got up onto his paws, and walked over to Mothglow, with Petalkit in tow, and waved his tail in hello, waiting till it was his and Petalkit's turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: give me the future, it's golden and bright   give me the future, it's golden and bright Empty

Back to top Go down

give me the future, it's golden and bright
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary :: RP :: The Forest-
Jump to: